Friday, April 30, 2010

It's so nice to not see you again!

Week Two - Day One
Five minute walk
90 second run then 2 minute recovery six times
Five minute walk


It has been bad weather here. I almost didn't go running but thought about how no one in their right mind would be out at the track on a day like that so I headed out the door. I was right too. There were no baseball players, no fellow run/walkers and, best of all, no dogs. Yay! The bad thing about running for time instead of distance is that on a cold day, you can't just run faster to be done quicker. After the second running interval I warmed up enough that I just enjoyed it. My lungs didn't like the cold and neither did my ears, however. I used to have long hair that I'd just leave down and that was enough to keep them warm. My short hair did not do this. I started to have an earache from the cold but I realized that was the price I was willing to pay to be running alone. I wasn't even quite done with the realization sentence in my head when I looked up and saw a couple of guys getting out of a car with, yep, 3, ope nope, 4 weiner dogs - none of them were leashed. Are you kidding me?! Don't they know how cold it is and for that alone I deserved to run alone?! I must have had some sort of a look on my face that portrayed that sentiment because they chose to walk a lap around the school unstead of the track and then they left. I smiled with my too-cold-to-talk lips and ran like/despite the wind.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think the guys were afraid of the short hair and red ears?

    ReplyDelete