Sunday, April 4, 2010

Life Accomplishments

When I wrote my list of things I wanted to do in my life, I included a goal of running ten 5K races. I was a cross-country runner in high school. I remember my coach saying something to the effect that he would know if he had succeeded in being a good coach if we were running in ten years. I ran uncompetitively in college but somehow I stopped. Coach Jolley was as good as a coach could possibly be. I want to be a runner again. I started running after my last child to lose the baby weight -- and just to run. I knew how to train hard and so I did. I lost the baby weight but I had to stop running. I got an overuse injury in my left knee during high school. I had surgery to fix it but it hasn't been the same since. Running that hard that fast made my knee hurt bad enough that I simply couldn't run. That was two years ago and the fact that I want to be a 5K runner is still on my Life Goals list. I found a program on Cool Running that talks of taking it slow at first so your body has time to adjust to running. I'm hoping it will work. I'm not getting younger so it's never going to get easier to do it. I'll begin on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment