Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Look at This!

Night of the Running Dead 5K

"Have you ever watched a zombie movie and yelled "RUN!!!" at the victims? Think you could do any better?

Well, here's your chance to prove it!

Join us for the first annual NIGHT OF THE RUNNING DEAD 5k & 1mi Creep n' Crawl, October 9th, 2010.

How does it work? Each runner will register as either an Infected or a Survivor. The survivors will be given a one-minute HEAD START at the beginning of the race and will want to be prepared to RUN FOR THEIR LIVES before the infected pursue their mid-night snack."


I would be ready for this race but (you guessed it) Halloween stuff actually scares me. I HATE those statue type guys the stores have standing around at Halloween. When I was young and out trick-or-treating, I became accustomed to those newspaper or straw stuffed clothes people would sit on their porch to look like a real person on their porch. It was all in good fun until I walked up, feeling secure, to a house that had one of those sitting on the porch. When my siblings and I reached the door, the dummy moved! He just uncrossed his legs or something but I almost passed out. I wanted to run but that guy could actually chase me! You can't chase someone who isn't running. So I just stood there trying to not die while everyone else thought it was funny. To this day, every time I see one of the dummies, I expect it to move and come after me. I have to look the other way in stores so that I don't scream or pass out. Again, I pretend it's not there or I'm not the one who has to walk by that dummy. If I can hear it has sound, I will go aisles over so I don't have to go near them. The ones that are the worst are those that have motion sensors that trigger a sound or movement. It's Halloween on that porch all over gain. Man, I hate scary Halloween stuff.

This race is probably more than I can take but I think it's insanely hilarious - as long as I don't have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment