Monday, May 3, 2010

Race Number Two?

I'm thinking about signing up for this race. Does anyone want to do it with me?

Salt Lake Run for Congo Women 5K Run/Walk

On Saturday, June 19 we will be holding a 5K run/walk to raise money for women affected by conflict in Democratic Republic of the Congo. The run/walk will take place at Wheeler Farm in Murray, Utah.

8:00-9:00 a.m.: Sign-in and registration

9:00 a.m.: Race begins, followed by an awards ceremony, speakers, and entertainment.


Run for Congo Women raises funds to benefit Women for Women International's programs in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Women for Women International supports women in war and post-war regions--like our sisters in DRC--with financial assistance, job skills training, rights awareness education, trauma counseling, and small business assistance so they can rebuild their lives.


Seriously, does anyone want to do it with me?

2 comments:

  1. Hey I tried commenting this earlier, but it never showed up. I think it might be because you have filtering of comments on, but I just want to be sure you know that you have inspired me and Shelly to start this program too. We only did it twice this week though. Hopefully we can do better next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you two! I like the Couch to 5K because it's easy enough. Wish you guys were closer so you could go to a few races with me. Maybe later.

    ReplyDelete